Monday, April 25, 2011

Homemade Stocks

Sometimes the best way to spend a weekend with is a nice home project. This weekend, it was a set of floating stocks. 


With some extra wood and material laying around I whipped up the first version of this fun play toy. I learned a lot, about what to do, and more importantly what not to do, which will make going at the next set so much easier.


Still, this one will be very useful for a couple of applications. 


In this grainy photo you can see one of the uses for it. 


There is plenty of video footage of how I ended up putting it to even better use. 


Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Where do I place my order? Do you need neck and wrist measurements? Can you bring with you in May? I demand customer satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm Floating Stocks... looks simple enough to make. I have plans for a wooden Sling stand in my head at the moment but It Will not get made for a year or so. Plus 4x4 Cedar would be very HARD to lug 2 miles from the closest Lowes to my apartment :D So I May do it for Sir's Birthday next year when I visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. That would be lugging the lumber on my back as this pup is not able to drive.

    ReplyDelete