Thursday, May 10, 2012

Well it might be official...

The attempt to fix the hard drive that failed, the one containing most of my assets for this blog, might just be gone and I will have to start over. I have the most recent play, but there is a back log of some play that is just gone and I don't think that I will be getting it back. 


There is one more thing I am going to try this weekend, but if that doesn't work I am just going to have give up the ghost and get back to blogging. Just means I got to get more proactive about building up the backlog of content. 


Sigh

4 comments:

  1. do you need any help getting your files back? and if you would like a professional opinion on file backup and redundancy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess ya better buckle down and start lining the boys, pups and.....Sirs? up to make NEW content! Though, it really sucks that you don't get to have all those fun play times that you recorded accessible for viewing so you can relive some good times :/ grrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried the freezer method? Putting the harddrive in the freezer in a sealed bag for a few hours, then quickly hooking it up to a pc and grabbing the info. Ive had that save my ass once, but it doesnt work for every problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a hard drive failure last year and was unable to retrieve my data normally. Someone suggested that I used an Ubuntu Live CD to attempt to evacuate my old data since the hard drive was beyond repair. I was able to use USB sticks to transfer the data onto the hard drive of another computer- it took a long time but it is better than losing a bunch of stuff that you may never be able to get back.

    ReplyDelete